Updated: Jul 30
Thank you for your interest in the Tohu Wa-bohu Meditation retreat coming up in September. We are so excited to host you in our beautiful part of the country. Here are a few answers to the most commonly asked questions:
● Livestream: The livestream recordings will be available to watch after the event so even if you can't watch live, you can watch later. The recordings will be available from our host until December 31, 2021.
● Accommodations: The venue is located 3 miles from downtown Leavenworth, WA also known as The Bavarian Village. There are many options for places to stay in town, which can be found using this site for reference: https://leavenworth.org/lodging/ We are not endorsing any particular travel site, but this gives you links to many options around town.
○ The nearest international airport is SEATAC in Seattle, WA, which is a 2.5 hour drive from Leavenworth. The countryside on the drive is stunning.
○ There is a shuttle service from SEATAC to near Leavenworth, but you will likely need a car once you’re here so renting one in Seattle may be your best bet. Here is a link to the shuttle to check it out: https://www.wenatcheevalleyshuttle.com/
○ The nearest regional airport is EAT, East Wenatchee, WA which is a 45 minute drive from the venue. There are car rentals available but it is a small airport so we recommend booking early. To reach this airport you will fly into Seattle first and then a quick hop to East Wenatchee.
● Food: Leavenworth is a tourist town with great dining options. The venue has a small restaurant on site as well.
● Schedule & Venue:
○ Check in begins Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm at the Snowy Owl Theater, 7409 Icicle Road, Leavenworth, WA.
○ Session 1: Sunday, September 12 at 6:00 pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
○ Session 2: Monday, September 13 at 9:00 am PDT
○ Session 3: Monday, September 13 at 6:00 pm PDT
○ Session 4: Tuesday, September 14 at 9:00 am PDT
○ Session 5: Tuesday, September 14 at 6:00 pm PDT
● Venue: The venue is surrounded by natural mountainous beauty full of opportunities to meditate surrounded by creation. A river flows through the property (and a small stream) also giving ample contemplative spots. There are 8 small “huts” that can be used for private meditation times. These will be available on a first come first served basis. The Snowy Owl Theater also has a large covered outdoor patio.
● Experiential Yoga: There will be an option of participating in one session of Experiential Yoga during the retreat. Space is limited to only 60 participants (30 per session). Sessions will be held Monday and Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 pm and will last approximately one hour with time for meditation at the end. This is meant to guide you into a state of restful meditation and will not be a “work-out” session. For the details of this session, visit our website blog. Registration is required prior to the conference.
● Healy Chakra (Energy) Readings: The Healy sessions will be 15 minutes in length during the afternoons of Monday and Tuesday. Check out our events page for more information.
Registration is required prior to the conference.